"The Strategy Panel on ICANN's Role in the Internet Governance Ecosystem is reviewing the assumptions, linkages and frameworks that dictate ICANN's responsibilities in the current Internet ecosystem. It seeks insights into ways to maintain and enhance ICANN's stewardship of the evolving ecosystem while cultivating thought leadership on ways in which ICANN can serve a complex set of Internet constituencies.
The Panel's deliverables are:
* Facilitate review of the assumptions, linkages and frameworks that underlie ICANN's responsibilities in the current Internet ecosystem;
* Seek insights on ways to maintain and enhance ICANN's stewardship in an evolving ecosystem; and
* Cultivate thought leadership on ways in which ICANN can serve a complex set of Internet constituencies.
* Provide a set of guiding principles to ensure the successful evolution of ICANN's transnational multistakeholder model in cooperation with national and international bodies;
* Propose a roadmap for evolving and globalizing ICANN's role in the Internet governance ecosystem in consultation with global players; and
* In coordination with the many other global players and ICANN stakeholders, propose a framework for implementation of ICANN's role, objectives and milestones in global Internet governance."
Share Your Thoughts--
Email: email@example.com. Please note that this email address is tied to an open mailing list from which messages are made publicly available ...
Also webinar on Friday - "Join the Strategy Panel on ICANN Multistakeholder Innovation for an update and interactive discussion.
Date: Friday, 31 January 2014
Time: 16:30-17:30 UTC (time converter: http://tinyurl.com/qxwfmrz)
You are invited to an update on the activities of the Strategy Panel on ICANN Multistakeholder Innovation. The work of the ICANN Strategy Panels will inform ICANN's new, overarching vision and five-year strategic plan.
As it prepares to offer its advice to the ICANN President and CEO, the Multistakeholder Innovation Strategy Panel wishes to walk you through the work it has undertaken and to seek your input on the preliminary set of conclusions it has reached. This webinar will also be the opportunity for you to ask questions. ICANN Strategy Panels serve as an integral part of a framework for cross-community dialogue: your feedback and contributions are key to this project and will be carefully considered. Panel output will be posted for community consideration and public comment.
The webinar will be run in an Adobe Connect room with a slide presentation along with a dial-in conference bridge for audio. The session will be conducted in English."
more news links below
more news links below