New gTLDs and the coming nightmare: money quote below (full article embedded further below)
Handling the Oncoming Tide of Generic Top-Level Domain Name Disputes | JAMS, The Resolution Experts - JDSupra: "Even with these new mechanisms and procedures (for trademark protection), the gTLDs could be a trademark nightmare for some brands."
Domain Mondo wrote about this issue: Let's Get One Thing Straight, ICANN Doesn't Care About Your Trademarks
more news links below
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- Trademark Law, ICANN, trademark abuse, domain name...
- ICANN Strategy Panel, Internet Governance, survey,...
- Hacked, Domains at GoDaddy Lost, Twitter Handle Lo...
- How one company made big money on the new gTLDs
- Global Internet Governance, Multistakeholderism, M...
- Oncoming Tide of Generic Top-Level Domain Name Dis...
- Hiring a Trademark Lawyer, What to Ask
- Domain Availability
- Buying Domain Names Already Registered infographic...
- Trademark Protections, Infringing domain names
- ICANN Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Futur...
- Fadi Chehade, ICANN, Internet Governance
- Domain Names and Trademarks
- Trademark, Intent, Bad Faith, Domain Names, Abuse
- What To Do If Your Domain Name is Hijacked
- gTLDs Legal Objections, ICANN just wants the money...
- Startups, Domains, Quirky Names
- ICANN encourages fraud and scams with its new gTLD...
- Name Collisions, more ICANN chaos and confusion
- ▼ January (19)
- ► 2013 (184)