What's in a domain name? – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs: "Handling the profusion of names and TLDs is a relatively simple problem for a computer, even though it will require extra work to redirect hundreds of new names (when someone types them in) back to the same old Web site. It will also create lots of work for lawyers, marketers of search-engine optimization, registries, and registrars. All of this will create jobs, but little extra value. To me, useless jobs are, well, useless. And, while redundant domain names are not evil, I do think that they are a waste of resources." (read more at link above)
more news links below
01 October 2013
New gTLDs, Useless Jobs, Waste of Resources
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- ICANN, Strategy Panels, Internet Governance Ecosys...
- Acronyms, Domain Names (video)
- US Control of the Internet Soon Gone Thanks to NSA
- How many websites are registered on each gTLD?
- Generic Top-Level Domains, Dot Com Still King
- gTLDs To Hasten End of Domain System or a Rush to ...
- A Dot Com Web Address, A Business Must Do
- Frank Schilling says Dot Com Will Become Like AM R...
- ICANN, internet abuse
- Domain Name Aftermarket, Liquidity, Afternic
- ICANN's ill-conceived new gTLDs now a failure in e...
- Domain Names, Honesty, Transparency
- How many of the now 63 TLDs can you name?
- New gTLDs, Useless Jobs, Waste of Resources
- ▼ October (14)