Bloomberg Asks Online Experts What To Expect From New gTLD’s, ICANN IN 2013 | TheDomains.com – Domain Blog: ". . . .Defensive registrations in the second level will be “all the rage” in late 2013 and 2014 as new gTLD registries go online. Savvy brand owners will resist the urge to stock up on second level domain names that they don’t need and that fail to drive meaningful customer traffic. Paul D. McGrady, Partner, Winston & Strawn LLP, Chicago. New gTLDs will force TM owners to adapt strategies for online TM protection. Volumes of C&D’s and defensive reg’s is not a viable strategy. David E. Weslow, @davidweslow, Partner, Wiley Rein LLP, Washington, D.C."
Google Plots Web Domain-Buying Spree | Digital - Advertising Age: ""Consumers are always going to think about first going to MountainDew.com or Pepsi.com before they think about Drink.Pepsi," Mr. Singh said. "And that's not going to change anytime soon . . ."
FTC Warns That Rapid Expansion of Internet Domain Name System Could Leave Consumers More Vulnerable to Online Fraud: "The Federal Trade Commission works for consumers to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices and to provide information to help spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint in English or Spanish, visit the FTC's online Complaint Assistant or call 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357). The FTC enters complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to more than 2,000 civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad. The FTC's Web site provides free information on a variety of consumer topics. Like the FTC on Facebook and follow us on Twitter."
more news links below
14 January 2013
ICANN and gTLDs in 2013
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- ICANN’s domains under attack
- Dot Com Still King of TLDs
- Guide to Selling Your Unused Domain Names
- Domain Name Hijacking
- Domains, Domain Forums, and French .CA Names
- Learn from Chuck Hagel's Mistake: Buy Your Domain ...
- Russian man loses pseudo Google domain name
- Companies which changed domain name successfully
- ICANN and gTLDs in 2013
- Now More than 246 million domain names
- Megaupload says US Government Misled Court on Core...
- Domains and Wines
- How to Setup a Professional Branded Email Address ...
- FTC investigating ICANN's new gTLDs program
- Be Careful When Choosing Your Domain Name
- ▼ January (15)