5 Companies which changed domain name successfully: "With more and more domains been snapped up by data-hungry users than ever before, the choice of domain is becoming more difficult and is a vital consideration for start-ups and established companies alike, who are looking for an effective online presence.
Despite these difficulties, some companies on occasion find cause the change domain name. Mashable describes possible reasons for doing so as being “rebranding, re-launching, brand confusion and vagueness”. Due to the problems associated with choosing a domain name mentioned above, it often becomes a costly exercise making the decision even more critical. 1. Ask.com . . . 2. Facebook . . . "
Despite TM Going Back To 1998 & Parked Page UDRP Rejected on In-Case.com | TheDomains.com – Domain Blog: "The Complainant Incase Designs Corp. of Chino, California, lost a UDRP to get the domain name In-Case.com, despite the fact that complainant had a trademark in the US dating back to 1998 and that the domain holder was parking the domain. The case seemed to turn on the fact that the term although trademarked was generic, the domain holder owned many other domin names starting with the word “in” and that the landing page showed local results when it was viewed from different countries, China for example"
No recession in UK domain industry: The top 12 UK domain name sales of 2012 | Latest press releases | PressGo | Journalism.co.uk: "2012 has been a particularly great year for UK domain name sales and became the year of the 2nd highest .co.uk domain sale of all time when WebHosting,co.uk changed hands for a cool $500,000 back in October"
more news links below
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- ICANN’s domains under attack
- Dot Com Still King of TLDs
- Guide to Selling Your Unused Domain Names
- Domain Name Hijacking
- Domains, Domain Forums, and French .CA Names
- Learn from Chuck Hagel's Mistake: Buy Your Domain ...
- Russian man loses pseudo Google domain name
- Companies which changed domain name successfully
- ICANN and gTLDs in 2013
- Now More than 246 million domain names
- Megaupload says US Government Misled Court on Core...
- Domains and Wines
- How to Setup a Professional Branded Email Address ...
- FTC investigating ICANN's new gTLDs program
- Be Careful When Choosing Your Domain Name
- ▼ January (15)