ICANN governance, GAC is not happy
Things got heated
in Singapore --
Trademarks and new gTLDs: what did we learn at ICANN 49? - Blog - World Trademark Review
: "The GAC isn’t entirely happy - That the Government Advisory Committee’s (GAC) meeting with the ICANN board opened with a warning that a substantial Communiqué would follow shortly illustrated its frustration on a range of issues. After what sources portray as a heated session to finalise its Singapore Communiqué, the document was issued late on Thursday evening, with plans for a high-level meeting between the two bodies expanded on. The meeting, to be held in London in June, will focus on ICANN’s role and how to enhance the role of governments in the ICANN model. The Communiqué’s attached questions also make for interesting reading – the final asking ICANN for “more detailed information confirming that rules for auctions are consistent with its bylaws, its not-for profit status, the objectives of the new gTLD program and the applicant guidebook to promote competition, diversity, innovation and consumer choice?”. With questions tackling specific GAC concerns as well as focusing on aspects of ICANN governance, it seems that the GAC is keen on a more active role going forward."(read more at link above)
more news links below (on mobile go to web version link below)
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- Website Fair Use Defense Defeats Copyright Claim
- Copyright Infringement, Safe-Harbor Defense
- Netmundial 2014, Separation of IANA from ICANN
- The Only Significant Thing That Happened at NETmun...
- Why the World Does Not Trust US Internet Oversight
- NETmundial 2014 LIVE April 23-24
- Net Mundial Global Multistakeholder Meeting, Futur...
- International Trademark Registration
- IANA, Internet Governance, ICANN power-grab
- The Internet and Copyright Issues
- Internet Domain Names, Trademarks
- New gTLD Domain Names, Negative Impact on Trademarks
- Obama, Internet Governance, Internet Freedom
- Trademark Confusion, Is One Letter Enough of a Dif...
- Keyword Domains Have Lost SEO Relevance
- ICANN governance, GAC is not happy
- US Congress Hearing April 10 on US Oversight of ICANN
- Letter from US Senators to NTIA's Strickling about...
- IANA Transition: Separate IANA from both ICANN and...
- Domain Name, property or license?
- ICANN Board of Directors, Conflicts of Interest
- The Internet Ecosystem according to ICANN
- The Internet is a Mess
- Internet Law Resource Center™, Bloomberg BNA
- Congressional Hearing April 2 on ICANN, IANA, and ...
- Move over ICANN, Russia Wants In On Internet Regul...
Reading List - in order of most recently updated