Dysfunctional ICANN, Internet Governance
Rewiring Internet Governance: U.S. Government Will Likely Be Forced to Jettison ICANN (Part 3)
: "... In Part 2 the argument exposed ICANN's trajectory which also reflects economic fabulism. As critics have feared, internet governance has become a smoke screen that reminds one of what McChesney (2013) refers to as "the great conflict between openness and a closed system of corporate profitability, the forces of capital have triumphed whenever an issue matter to them. The Internet has been subjected to the capital-accumulation process, which has a clear logic of its own, inimical to much of the democratic potential of digital communication." The "great conflict" incorporates ICANN's provincialism and thus its defensive posture. For all its imagined power ICANN governance amounts to weasel worded rhetoric coupled with never ending discussions, expensive conferences, and meetings whether required or not, nearly everywhere in the world, all of which in the end game dwindle to kowtowing to big money interests. Those "emerging pressures on multistakeholder governance" lamented by ICANN's board are real. The board created them...." (read more at link above)
more news links below (on mobile go to web version link below)
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- Trans Pacific Partnership agreement, Domain Name R...
- Internet Governance, Big Brother, ICANN, NETmundial
- Digital Millennium Trademark Notice
- iOS 7 keyboard, there is still a dot com shortcut
- Congressional Committee Hearing April 2 on Future ...
- Black Swans, Domain Names, Domaining
- CRS Report To Congress On Internet Governance
- ICE Seizes Counterfeit Domain Names
- The Open Internet, Net Neutrality, FCC
- Counterfeit Trade Dress
- QLP.com UDRP decision, domain system abuse
- Dysfunctional ICANN, Internet Governance
- Thanks to ICANN, a coming explosion of cybersquatting
- Wild Web Addresses, Sane Advice
- Internet Governance, Should ICANN Be Replaced?
- US Cedes Internet Oversight, Will ICANN Survive?
- ICANN, Internet Governance, Highly Unstable Enviro...
- Untimely Ownership Claim, Copyright Infringement C...
- You Do Not Need, Domain Name, Website
- ICANN, Domain Names, Future Changes
- ICANN WEBINAR postponed
- Avoid Being a Bully, Protecting Trademarks
- Intellectual Property Review
- Third-Party Service Providers, Contributory Tradem...
- First Amendment Protections, Bloggers same as Trad...
- Virginia Court Orders Yelp To Identify Anonymous U...
- ICANN Webinar on Strategy Panels Draft Reports
- US Government Report to NETmundial on Internet Gov...
Reading List - in order of most recently updated