Interesting read (excerpt follows) --
How a Burned-Out Lawyer Quit Her Job and Discovered Her Dream Career | Brazen Life: " . . . . Instead, a million Ideas for businesses I could start, products or services I could sell, websites I could create and more flooded my brain. For each idea I had, I bought the related Web address (domain name). Before I knew it, I owned more than a hundred domain names. One day, someone called me and wanted to buy one of my domains. That day changed my life, because I learned that domain names are like pieces of digital real estate on the Internet and can sometimes be extremely valuable. My domain addiction only grew from there. Hundreds of domains turned into thousands. And at an average renewal price of $10 a year, owning thousands of domain names came with a hefty price tag! It’s fair to say I had become a full-fledged Internet junky. I was working around the clock to learn how to sell and trade domain names, develop websites, blog, use Google Adwords and Adsense, write Web copy and more. . . ." (read more at link above)
more news links below
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- Burned-Out Lawyer, Domainer
- Finding a perfect, affordable domain name
- ICANN and its express train to new gTLDs and litig...
- Tips for Aspiring Domain Speculators
- Report says Domain Name Sales To Flourish Through ...
- Movies, Domain Names, Social Media Handles
- Domain Names, Expired Registration Recovery Policy...
- Expired Domain Name Rules
- ICANN, self-interest, public interest
- Google as Registrar, Charleston Road Registry, Dom...
- The Wild, Wild West Is About To Get Wilder
- Mobile Computing, Domaining
- Retail? Everything Is E-Commerce Now
- Online Retail, Amazon, Profitability
- ▼ December (14)