Online retail? -- better think niche markets, and consider using or associating with larger services like Amazon because it is cut-throat online --
Profits? Amazon Prefers Technology | MIT Technology Review: " . . . Even the most successful online retailer, Amazon.com, has a business model that leaves many people scratching their heads. Amazon is on track to ring up $75 billion in worldwide sales this year. Yet it often operates in the red; last quarter, Amazon posted a $41 million loss. Amazon’s founder and chief executive officer, Jeff Bezos, is indifferent to short-term earnings, having once quipped that when the company achieved profitability for a brief stretch in 1995, “it was probably a mistake.”. . ."
more news links below
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- Burned-Out Lawyer, Domainer
- Finding a perfect, affordable domain name
- ICANN and its express train to new gTLDs and litig...
- Tips for Aspiring Domain Speculators
- Report says Domain Name Sales To Flourish Through ...
- Movies, Domain Names, Social Media Handles
- Domain Names, Expired Registration Recovery Policy
- Expired Domain Name Rules
- ICANN, self-interest, public interest
- Google as Registrar, Charleston Road Registry, Dom...
- The Wild, Wild West Is About To Get Wilder
- Mobile Computing, Domaining
- Retail? Everything Is E-Commerce Now
- Online Retail, Amazon, Profitability
- ▼ December (14)