Rick Schwartz is naming names, and doing everyone in the domain industry a service--interesting reading at link below, and particularly note Rick's "explanation of reasons"--including "Plan B"--
Reverse Domain Name Hijackings 2000-2013. All 143 Cases Sorted by Year. - The Rick Schwartz Domain Name and Traffic Blog RicksBlog.com | Home of the "Domain King": " . . . . The ‘Reasons’ column is an attempt to identify and categorize the various circumstances cited by panels in support of a finding of RDNH. Explanation of Reasons: (there are a total of 11 categories at the link above--just 2 follow)
Bad Faith – No Evidence – the complaint provides no evidence of the respondent’s bad faith . . . .
Plan “B” – the complainant is using the UDRP as an alternative acquisition strategy after commercial negotiations failed . . . ." (read more at link above)
An "Alternative Acquisition Strategy"--Rick calls it as he sees it! And what does ICANN do to prohibit or penalize abuse of UDRP policy? Seemingly nothing--and they have been on notice since at least year 2000! Why not require UDRP complainants post $1,000,000, or have their claim dismissed, once a respondent asserts a RDNH defense? If complainant then posts the $1,000,000, and RDNH is found by the panel, the $1,000,000 would be split 80/20--80% to respondent and 20% to ICANN!
more news links below
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- Using an UDRP to steal a Domain Name
- ICANN chaos coming with new domain names
- Verisign's IDN Implementation Plans
- Amazon hand registered JetCityComic.com
- Why Would Any (legitimate) Business Avoid An Inter...
- Generic TLDs, Name Collisions, Information Leakage
- Second Thoughts on Generic Top-Level Domains
- Best Business Domain Name Tip
- Domain Name Strategy
- Verisign Find Your Custom Domain Tool
- Branding and generic domain name risky
- Trust and a New TLD Success
- Global Name Branding Challenges in the New Digital...
- Domain Name Sales Contracts
- Moscow court upholds decision to protect Mexx trad...
- Video of GoDaddy's Blake Irving
- Feds Seized 1700 Domains in 3 Years
- ▼ July (17)