Interesting analysis on selling premium domain names - Domain Name Wire: "Matt Mazur of Lean Domain Search has posted an analysis of his results showing premium domain names for sale next to available-to-register domain name results. It’s an interesting read. After several months showing domains from Sedo’s inventory he has sent hundreds of targeted buyers but hasn’t made a sale. There are many possible reasons, and he points some of them out. One of the challenges is that Lean Domain Search finds some pretty good unregistered domains, which makes it hard to push a premium domain . . . ."
UrbanHome.com Registered in 1999, Lost In UDRP To TM Registered in 2012 | TheDomains.com – Domain Blog: "“The Panel determines that Respondent acquired and registered the disputed domain name after Complainant acquired trademark rights in URBAN HOME, and that Respondent is using the disputed domain name for commercial gain to attract Internet users to its website location by creating confusion as to Complainant acting as source, sponsor, affiliate or endorser of Respondent’s website within the meaning of paragraph 4(b)(iv) of the Policy. Respondent registered and is using the disputed domain name in bad faith.”"
The Generic Domain Name Opulence.com Hit With UDRP | TheDomains.com – Domain Blog: "The domain name Opulence.com has been hit with a UDRP. With almost 8,000,000 references in Google opulence is a dictionary word that has been registered since at least 2000 according to Domaintools.com. The domain name was owned until recently by Opulence Communications Ltd of the UK with an expiration date of 2018. Suddenly in early 2013 the domain name whois information was gone and the domain name no longer resolves. . . . "
more news links below
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- VeriSign Growth Slowing?
- New gTLD Milestones and Deadlines by FADI CHEHADÉ ...
- Reverse Domain Name Hijacking
- Tips To Picking Your Domain Name
- Premium domain name vs $10 domain name
- New Domains To Debut in April
- Amazon's Grab for Generic Domain Names
- Chicagoan giving popefrancis.com to Church
- Pope Francis - hundreds of domain name registrations
- Note.com Domain Name For Sale
- Microsoft acquires 'Xbox Gold' domain names
- ICANN criticized over new gTLDs scheme
- Google Could Open .Search, .App, .Blog And .Cloud ...
- Domain Name Seizure Not Just US Law Enforcement Ta...
- ICANN debating generic domain name extensions
- Want to protect your trademark on the internet? It...
- Sedo Issues Domain Name Market Study for Q4 and Ye...
- ▼ March (17)