New Domains Will Debut in April at a Rate of 20 Per Week | Ruskin Moscou Faltischek - JDSupra: " . . . According to the Associated Press, the first gTLDs will most likely debut in April 2013 and ICANN will then introduce new domain names at a rate of about 20 per week. The AP goes on to report that ICANN will likely release new suffixes in Chinese and other foreign languages first, before implementing single-bidder English suffixes such as .apple, .ibm, .porsche and .vegas. The idea of investing in new gTLDs is costly, however, with an evaluation fee of $185,000 and $5,000 paid to ICANN upfront for each gTLD. The full list of all 1,930 new gTLDs applied for can be found here."
Dear Miami Beach: save yourself some trouble and don’t buy this domain - Domain Name Wire: "Today’s Miami Herald reports about the domain name CityOfMiamiBeach.net. The article explains that the husband of a Miami Beach Commissioner is brokering the sale of the domain name. It goes on to discuss the city’s ethics rules and the problems of having a commissioner’s husband broker the sale. The broker said he’d hand negotiations over directly to the seller and forgo a commission if the city is interested. .. ."
Cybersquatting suits are rare, University of Oklahoma official says
Advertisement. The university is suing Dallas resident Hugh Michael Glenn, 43, saying he violated federal cybersquatting laws when he registered the Internet domain name www.soonernetwork.com to sell it for a profit later. Officials also claim Glenn ...
more news links below
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- VeriSign Growth Slowing?
- New gTLD Milestones and Deadlines by FADI CHEHADÉ ...
- Reverse Domain Name Hijacking
- Tips To Picking Your Domain Name
- Premium domain name vs $10 domain name
- New Domains To Debut in April
- Amazon's Grab for Generic Domain Names
- Chicagoan giving popefrancis.com to Church
- Pope Francis - hundreds of domain name registrations
- Note.com Domain Name For Sale
- Microsoft acquires 'Xbox Gold' domain names
- ICANN criticized over new gTLDs scheme
- Google Could Open .Search, .App, .Blog And .Cloud ...
- Domain Name Seizure Not Just US Law Enforcement Ta...
- ICANN debating generic domain name extensions
- Want to protect your trademark on the internet? It...
- Sedo Issues Domain Name Market Study for Q4 and Ye...
- ▼ March (17)