"How will new gTLDs impact small business?
- Four out of five SMB website owners prefer a .com web address over a new gTLD web address
- 81% of SMB website owners believe new gTLDs will be confusing to their customers
- 94% of Internet users feel safe visiting a .com website VS. 33% of Internet users feel safe visiting a new gTLD website
- 77% of SMB website owners prefer a .com web address over a new gTLD that describes their business
- 79% of Internet users would rather visit a .com web address than a new gTLD one that describes the business
- 66% of SMB website owners prefer a descriptive, longer .com web address to a shorter new gTLD one"
|2014 SCORE and Verisign new gTLD Research Study|
No wonder they are giving new gTLD domain names away for free ($-0-)!
more news links below (on mobile go to web version link below)