If you're a domainer or involved with domains in any way, this is worth checking out--
ICANN Strategic and Operating Plan Process | ICANN: "ICANN produces a three-year Strategic Plan (reviewed and updated annually), along with a framework for the draft Operating Plan and Budget, and an annual Operating Plan. The ICANN planning process is continuous and allows for an overlapping of its three components: Strategic Plan, which is developed with community input usually between July and February Framework for the Operating Plan and Budget that begins in December with community input and target setting Draft Operating Plan and Budget that is posted by 17 May of each year for final community review This year's approved Strategic Plan 2012-2015 [PDF, 864 KB] – adopted by the ICANN Board during the Special Meeting of the Board of Directors held in Amsterdam on 6 May 2012. The Strategic Plan feeds into the Operating Plan and Budget and helps to define ICANN's yearly goals and priorities. . . ."
(above screenshots from ICANN plan)
domain news links below
12 December 2012
ICANN Strategic Plan
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- ► 2013 (184)
- Tips to Avoid Domain Name Scams
- ITU Tries to Give Repressive Governments More Powe...
- FreshDirect Domain Name Glitch
- DNS Industry CEO Roundtable Events
- Domain Holder Wins UDRP Without Attorney
- ICANN’s great domain name auction
- .christmas delayed till 2014, thanks to domain nam...
- What are the current 22 generic top level domains?
- Domain name news from around the web
- Registry and registrar not liable for infringing d...
- ICANN Strategic Plan
- Domain Buying and Domain Selling
- What is a gTLD?
- Kinds of domains reselling for less than $1000
- French registry and registrar not liable for infri...
- Domain strategy - eBay DealMint
- Why Facebook Can Never Replace Your Own Domain
- Square Enix registers domain names for 'All the Br...
- Be Vigilant in Protecting Domain Names
- ▼ December (19)