When and Where--
08 February 2013
ICANN Webinar on Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) Variant TLDs
Webinar: Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) Variant: Examining the User Experience Implication of the Active Variant TLDs | ICANN: " . . . In an effort to develop potential solutions for the delegation of IDN variant Top-Level Domains (TLDs), IDN Variant Project Teams, consisting of volunteers, subject matter expert consultants and ICANN staff, have conducted case studies in six scripts, produced an integrated report, and are currently underway to completing three projects investigating potential solutions for IDN Variant TLDs delegation. One of these projects is called the Examining the User Experience Implications of Active Variant TLDs Project (P6). The purpose of the project is to gain an understanding of issues that could arise from activating IDN Variant TLDs and offer recommendations to users to avoid such issues. Examples of user roles that have been identified include registrants, registrars, registry operators, system administrators, network operators, application developers, and end users. Project team has published for public comment the Draft Final Report for Examining the User Experience Implications of Active Variant TLDs and is seeking to establish a dialog with the community to refine proposed principles, impacts and recommendations of the study. This webinar is offered to complement that process both by presenting the key concepts and gathering user input. . . ."
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- The new gTLDs and protecting your Domains
- Reverse Domain Name Hijacking
- Petition to Stop Corporate Takeover of New gTLDs (...
- Closed gTLD debate
- Appraising A Brandable Domain Name
- Domains, Collapse, Consolidation
- How To Choose Best Domain Name
- Where To Sell Your Domain Names
- ICANN Webinar on Internationalized Domain Name (ID...
- Tips for Choosing a Domain Name from Google
- Cybersquatting on new top level domains
- Domain registrar powers Kim Dotcom’s new Mega
- ▼ February (12)