INTA (International Trademark Association) presents an advanced-level conference cosponsored by INTA's Internet and Programs Committees entitled Internet, Innovation and ICANN: The Evolving Landscape of the Net
September 18–19, 2014
JW Marriott Hotel
San Francisco, California, USA
Subject areas according to the program description:
- Cloud-based storage, gaming, augmented reality, wearable technology, 3-D printing and more.
- Reaction to the U.S. government’s announcement regarding its intention to transfer its stewardship role over the Internet’s Domain Name System (DNS).
- Conflicts between trademarks and governments over geographic names and their use in the DNS.
- Effective management of social media interactions between rights holders, platforms and users of social media.
- New changes to the WHOIS domain name directory system, and what trademark owners think about them.
- Lessons learned by applicants, service providers and industry when they applied for a new generic top-level domain (gTLD) in the first round.
- Internet intermediary liability regarding online sales.
- New gTLDs and rights protection mechanisms (RPMs) to help protect trademarks, including the Trademark Clearing House, the Post-Delegation Dispute Resolution Procedure (PDDRP), the Uniform Rapid Suspension system (URS) and traditional litigation.
- What brands can do to ensure their own security and to re-establish trust with their consumers.
- National security and government surveillance, offensive and defensive brand attacks, and consumer-focused data collection and usage.
- Learn latest developments on the newest topics relating to trademarks and the Internet and meet leaders of the trademark community, Internet experts and high-level government officials.
more news links below (on mobile go to web version link below)