The Trademark Clearing House – do you need to sign up? - International Law Office: "Brand owners will need to weigh up the benefits and limitations when considering whether it is worth registering with the TMCH. As a general rule, brand owners should consider protecting their trademarks at the TMCH, just as they should consider putting in place other protection measures in respect of their trademarks, such as watch notices. However, the TMCH regime is not for everyone and it is likely that bigger companies with a large portfolio of trademarks – and which have the resources to pursue infringers – will be more likely to put such protection measures in place. Certainly, the TMCH registration fees look like a good value against the cost of acquiring domains from third parties later down the line."
more news links below
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- Attack on Google Palestine Site, Risks of Foreign ...
- Games and Domains
- Heritage Auctions, Domain Names, IP Division
- Some Domain Name Must-Reads
- Online presence, Domain names, Disputes
- Trademarks, domain names, remedies
- Domain Name Battle for 35 Percent of the World (Vi...
- Registrars, Domain Names, Service
- Verisign UDRP, profits, growth
- The Trademark Clearing House – why sign up?
- Google goes with Chromecast.tv, not ChromeCast.com...
- ▼ August (12)