The State Council of China has published the Anti-Terrorism Law of the People's Republic of China, to combat the threat of terrorism. Service providers of various industries (including telecommunication and Internet service providers or ISPs) must comply--e.g., verify the true identity of the users/customers before they can provide any services to such users/customers, provide assistance and technological support (including technological interface and decryption) to the public security bureaus and national security authorities for the purpose of preventing and investigating terrorism activities, take security measures and adopt monitoring mechanisms to identify terrorism and extremism information. Presumably these provisions may also apply to domain name registry operators and registrars.
Source: China’s Anti-Terrorism Law – what it means for telecommunications and Internet service providers | DLA Piper - JDSupra:
more news links below (on mobile go to web version link below)
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- Trademarks, Websites, Metatags
- The Draft of the Know-How Directive
- Catching the Securitization Wave, Ten Key Things t...
- Using “Borrowed” Images on Your Blog or Website
- Cuba, Telecommunications, and Miami’s expanding Si...
- Trademarks: How to protect your brand legally
- NIST IoT Framework, Cybersecurity, Data Privacy
- Branding Checklist 2016
- Acquired Distinctiveness of Trademarks in the Unit...
- Fintech: Disruptive Force For Good
- Can Your Company's Website Lead To A Lawsuit?
- Uniform Rapid Suspension System, URS, ICANN New gT...
- Virtual Currencies, Community Banks and the Financ...
- USPTO Refusal to Register Disparaging Trademarks S...
- What China's Anti-Terrorism Law Means For ISPs and...
- Planning for an Urban World (video)
- Free Speech, First Amendment, Online Negativity: H...
- Third Party Works Made for Hire, Agreements, Copyr...
- ISPs, Copyright Trolls, DMCA Safe Harbor Protections
- Brand Valuation: Deciding What Your Brand Is Worth
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations, ITAR, P...
- The Invisible Networks Powering New York City (360...
- ▼ January (22)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- ► 2013 (184)