EFF Busts Podcasting Patent, Invalidating Key Claims at Patent Office | Electronic Frontier Foundation: "... The “podcasting patent” became big news in 2013, when a company called Personal Audio, LLC, began demanding licensing fees from podcasters including comedian Adam Carolla and three major television networks. Personal Audio doesn’t do podcasting itself, but instead used its patent to claim infringement and collect payouts from actual creators. In petitions filed with Patent Office, EFF showed that Personal Audio did not invent anything new before it filed its patent application, and, in fact, other people were podcasting for years previously... "
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- FCC Transparency Rule, Internet Privacy
- Sale of Technology Companies, Negotiating Strategies
- Domain Names, Cybersquatting, Domain Registrars, H...
- Multistakeholder Guidance on DMCA Notice and Taked...
- Underwriter Charged By SEC In Chinese Reverse Merger
- Crowdfunding, What It Is and What It Isn’t
- Dot SUCKS CEO Speaks, Brands, Premium Pricing, Dom...
- Questionable Future for .SUCKS Domain Names
- Website Mobile-friendly, Google Ranking Factor
- What Mobile Shoppers Want: Fast Mobile Website, No...
- District Judge Rules Website Must Accommodate the ...
- FCC Broadband Consumer Privacy Workshop, April 28
- FTC Office of Technology Research and Investigation
- Podcasting Patent, Key Claims Invalidated at Paten...
- SEC New Regulation A+
- Trademark Protection for Personal Names
- Dawn of Dead Trademarks
- Generic Top-level Domains, Evolution of Trademark ...
- .CASINO generic Top Level Domain Launches Sunrise
- Generic Top Level Domains, Opportunities, Headache...
- Launch Of ICANN new gTLDs .PORN and .ADULT
- Q&A on .bank New gTLD Registration
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2014 (335)
- ► 2013 (184)