Telephone Number and Address Management - After conducting research with stakeholders, Ofcom have concluded that this will not be a barrier to the development of the IoT. IoT services are most likely to use bespoke addressing systems that are able to generate billions of addresses. The much more scalable version of Internet Protocol, known as IPv6 is currently in the process of being adopted this will offer a massively increased range of addresses. Developments are occurring on a daily basis and it is an exciting time to be part of this industry. In order to ensure that this decade sees the growth that has been predicted, Ofcom must concentrate on developing data privacy regulation and controlling network security. A failure to find solutions could result in detrimental consequences for both consumers and retailers and will not allow the IoT to fulfil its anticipated potential.
The Internet of Things – What’s next? | DLA Piper - JDSupra:
more news links below (on mobile go to web version link below)
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- ► 2016 (225)
- YouTube Kills Viral Video for Being Too Popular
- Take Down for Chinatown?
- Protecting the Internet and Consumers, Congression...
- Celebrity Trademark Watch: Taylor Swift, Trademark...
- Craft Brewery, Intellectual Property Primer
- How Do You Get a Copyright?
- China Is Churning Out Billionaires (videos)
- Brands, Trademarks, Names
- ICANN News: 500+ New gTLDs Introduced to the Inter...
- The Internet of Things, What’s Next?
- FTC Landmark Report on Internet of Things, Privacy...
- Trademarks - Anatomy of a Protectable Slogan: JE S...
- How to Mess Up Your Start-Up
- A Guide to the Internet of Things
- ALAC Leadership Team (ALT) Meeting, ICANN 52, Onli...
- ICANN 52, Online, Singapore, Thursday Schedule
- ICANN 52, Online, Singapore, Wednesday Schedule
- ICANN 52, Online, Singapore, Tuesday Schedule
- ICANN 52, Online, Singapore, Monday Schedule
- ICANN 52, Online, Singapore, Sunday Schedule
- ICANN 52, Online, Singapore, Saturday Schedule
- ICANN 52, Singapore, February 6-13, 2015, Links an...
- ICANN 52: Global Domains Division (GDD) Sessions
- IANA Stewardship Transition, Comments Due ICG by F...
- Live Online, CWG IANA Webinar, Tuesday, February 3...
- Internet of Things, FTC Warning
- Google Q4 2014 Earnings Call video
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2014 (335)
- ► 2013 (184)