Celebrities routinely harness their “images” as a means of generating revenue, relying on intellectual property and right of privacy laws, including the right of publicity, to monetize their likenesses, performances, images, voices and identities in connection with advertisements ... read more below:
source: Till Death Do Us Part? How to Deal With Celebrity Publicity Rights When That Celebrity Passes | Reed Smith - JDSupra
expVC.com Domain Name News Archive
- Brexit, Major Upheaval and Change, Legal Considera...
- Brexit, What You Need To Know
- Intellectual Property Law Summary Review, June 2016
- Drumpf or Trump, Registered Trademarks, Common Law...
- Celebrity Publicity Rights After Death
- Trademark: Twitter Account Not Service Mark Use fo...
- Trade Secrets, Federally Protected Intellectual Pr...
- Havana Club Rum, Bacardi, Cuba, Trademark Office
- Digital Single Market, European Commission Initiat...
- Protecting Your Next Big App
- Nominative Fair Use of a Trademark, Second Circuit...
- US Trademark Registrations 5,000,000 and Counting
- Top 5 Legal Mistakes Businesses Make
- Hashtags as Trademarks
- Copyright and the Creative Commons License
- Trademark Registration Changes in the European Union
- Generic Terms, Trademarks, Ineligibility
- Amazon Search Clear Labelling Defeats Trademark Cl...
- Domain Name Registrant, Registrar, Registry, A Primer
- Brands, Counterfeiters, and Amazon
- Ashley Madison to the Panama Papers: Hacked Data F...
- New Federal Trade Secrets Act
- ▼ June (22)
- ► 2015 (279)
- ► 2014 (335)
- ► 2013 (184)